Monday, April 2, 2012

Just some pictures: Fried rice

We had fried rice for lunch yesterday.  Overnight rice courtesy of my Mum.  


It was not intended for my blog.  However, when I placed it on the dining table, I could not resist taking a shot at it.  


The sun was blazing hot yesterday, and rays of sunshine came pouring into my living/dining area.  The light bounced off the food, illuminating each and every grain of rice, sausage and crisply fried small fish.  We seldom get such good lighting into the house, and so the opportunity should be embraced.


There is no recipe to share.  I believe every Mum can make lip-smacking good fried rice in their own style.  I like to drizzle mine with light soy sauce instead of seasoning it with salt.  I feel that the saltiness from the light soy sauce is a better match for fried rice compared to salt.  Before dishing out the rice, give a generous dash of white pepper and a light drizzle of sesame oil.  This combination always work magic for my fried rice.


The Hubby kept nodding his head in enjoyment as he worked his way into the fried rice.  It seems he really enjoyed every morsel, every grain of it.

We had fried rice two weeks ago, on a Sunday.  The Hubby and the kids loved that version too.  And so I whimsically commented that we should make our Sundays fried rice day.  They agreed except the Tiny Man.  "We should make everyday fried rice day!" he said.  No, my dear child, you will end up with severe nose-bleed from heatiness resulting from excessive fried rice.  Once a week is quite enough.  


No comments:

Post a Comment